California Proposition 65 Disclosure
This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
California Proposition 65 provides a dynamic list of approximately 900 chemicals, including many that occur in nature, that, if present in a product, must be disclosed as potentially causing cancer, birth defects or reproductive harm. While the principal ingredient in cement, Calcium Oxide, is not included on the list, as with most tiles and other products that cover indoor and outdoor surfaces, some ingredients used in the manufacture of our cement tiles are included under Proposition 65. Read recommendations for safe handling below.
Unpacking, Handling, Cutting and Installation of Tiles:
We recommend that exposure to dust particles is minimized, and that the following precautions are adhered to during the planning and project phases, where tiles are handled and installed, to avoid excessive exposure to dust particles:
- Cutting with a wet saw is recommended,; this will reduce dust particle exposure
- Wear a protective mask, protective eyewear and gloves
- Work outdoors or in a well-ventilated area
- Clean up excessive dust particles from the work area when the installation is complete
Types of Exposure and Response:
- Inhalation - Avoid breathing dust particles. Seek medical attention if breathing becomes difficult.
- Eye Contact - Avoid exposing eyes to dust particles. Rinse eyes thoroughly if contact occurs. If eye irritation appears as a result of dust particle exposure, seek medical attention.
- Skin Contact - Avoid skin contact with dust particles - wear protective gloves when handling the tiles during installation. Wash hands thoroughly after tiles are handled. If severe skin irritation occurs, seek medical attention.
- Ingestion - Avoid swallowing dust particles. If large amounts of dust particles are ingested, seek medical attention.
Once installed and sealed, the risk of exposure to harmful chemicals is further reduced, and the need for medical attention is not expected, however, these chemicals will remain present in the product.